- 1 Overview
- 2 Twisted Garden HUD
- 3 Red and Yellow Dewdrop Minigame
- 4 Twisted Garden Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Shops
- 7 History and Trivia
- 8 Links
Capturing Carmine the Apothecary in the Living Garden will transport Hunters to the Twisted Garden.
Hunting in the Twisted Garden with any cheese other than Duskshade Camembert or Lunaria Camembert will transport Hunters to the Living Garden.
|Region: Sandtail Desert|
|Travel Requirement:||Living Garden Key|
Carmine the Apothecary
in Living Garden
|Required Power Type:||Hydro|
|Required Cheeses:||Duskshade Camembert|
|Required Charms:||Red Sponge Charm|
Yellow Sponge Charm
|Number of Mice:||9|
|Release Date:||14 November 2012|
|The mice that live in this garden use the environment to their advantage, fashioning crude armour and weapons from plantlife in order to protect and hoard all the Garden Essences they can find.|
The Twisted Garden is a location in the Sandtail Desert region requiring a minimum rank of Baron/Baroness, the Living Garden Key, and capturing Carmine the Apothecary in the Living Garden to enter. The Living Garden Key is obtained from the Cartographer at the Muridae Market.
Duskshade Camembert will attract most mice in the Twisted Garden, but Lunaria Camembert is required for attracting Twisted Carmine and Shattered Carmine. Shattered Carmine also requires Hunters to arm a Shattering Charm before it can be encountered. Hunters must use Red Sponge Charms and Yellow Sponge Charms (or Red Double Sponge Charms and Yellow Double Sponge Charms) and play the Red and Yellow Dewdrop Minigame to attract the Dehydrated Mouse.
Accessing the Twisted World
The Twisted World locations of Twisted Garden, Cursed City, and Sand Crypts can only be accessed by capturing Carmine the Apothecary with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden. Capturing Carmine the Apothecary will move the Hunter to the Twisted Garden and the following message is displayed:
On catching Carmine the Apothecary, a light flashes and a spell she had prepared in advance erupts! Nightmarish tendrils of dark smoke burst from the ground around me, and before I knew it the world had changed before my very eyes into a wild and twisted version of itself.
I can feel this world itself attempting to reject me and send me back, but I must stay as long as I am able to find out what Carmine is doing in this hidden, dark place.
Almost as if an illusion suddenly shattered, the world around me snaps back to normal. Using X Cheese has brought me back to the normal world.
It is possible to catch a mouse from the Living Garden with Standard Cheese on the hunt that returns the Hunter to the Living Garden. However, any Sponge charm will be consumed without collecting a Dewdrop from that mouse.
If an M400 Hunting Research Assignment requires capturing the M400 in the Living Garden, Hunters can encounter it in the Twisted Garden, but will be dropped to normal reality for hunting with the wrong cheese.
The Living Garden Sequence
Hunters will need to hunt the areas in the Living Garden sub-region in a specific order. The following steps outline the basic requirements for accessing and hunting in each location. Additional information on minigames and other activities can be found on the individual location pages.
The steps of the cycle that can be completed in the Twisted Garden location are highlighted in bold.
- Step 1: Living Garden
- Step 1a: Hunt with Standard Cheese in the Living Garden to collect Dewthief Petals.
- Step 1b: Use Dewthief Petals to purchase Dewthief Camembert.
- Step 2a: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Lost City to collect Dreamfluff Herbs.
- Step 2b: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Sand Dunes to collect Duskshade Petals.
- Step 2c: Use Dreamfluff Herbs and Duskshade Petals to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
- Step 3: Living Garden
- Step 3a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden.
- Step 3b: Capture Carmine the Apothecary to open the Twisted World and travel to the Twisted Garden.
- Step 4: Twisted Garden
- Step 4a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Twisted Garden to collect Graveblossom Petals.
- Step 4b: Use Graveblossom Petals to purchase Graveblossom Camembert.
- Step 5a: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Cursed City to collect Plumepearl Herbs.
- Step 5b: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Sand Crypts to collect Lunaria Petals.
- Step 5c: Use Plumepearl Herbs and Lunaria Petals to purchase Lunaria Camembert.
- Step 6: Twisted Garden
Twisted Garden HUD
Hunters can access and track the following using the Heads-Up Display:
- The Red and Yellow Dewdrop Minigame
- Garden Petals and Herbs
- Garden Essences
- The Book of Living Recipes
Red and Yellow Dewdrop Minigame
The Red and Yellow Dewdrop Minigame allows Hunters in the Twisted Garden to use Red Sponge Charms or Red Double Sponge Charms to collect Red Dewdrops and Yellow Sponge Charms or Yellow Double Sponge Charms to gather Yellow Dewdrops. Pouring Red Dewdrops will provide a 5% Power bonus and pouring Yellow Dewdrops will provide a +5 Luck bonus. The bonuses are active for all hunts in a pour as long as at least 1 Dewdrop of the required color is poured. Example: If a Hunter pours a combination of 10 Red Dewdrops and 1 Yellow Dewdrops, which provides 12 hunts, all 12 hunts will receive both the Power and the Luck bonus.
Red Sponge Charms will cause Twisted Garden mice to drop 1 Red Dewdrop when caught.
Red Double Sponge Charms will cause Twisted Garden mice to drop 2 Red Dewdrops when caught.
Yellow Sponge Charms will cause Twisted Garden mice to drop 1 Yellow Dewdrop when caught.
Yellow Double Sponge Charms will cause Twisted Garden mice to drop 2 Yellow Dewdrops when caught.
Hunters can collected up to 10 each of the Red and Yellow Dewdrops.
Dewdrops should be collected in batches of 20 for maximum effect. Individual Dewdrop pours do not stack.
Example: Pouring 2 batches of 10 Dewdrops each will give the Hunter 10 hunts to attract the Dehydrated Mouse for each batch, or 20 hunts in total. Pouring one batch of 20 Dewdrops will give Hunters 35 hunts to attract the Dehydrated Mouse.
Red Sponge Charms and Red Double Sponge Charms will not cause mice to drop Red Dewdrops after 10 have been collected, so the charm should be disarmed at that point.
Yellow Sponge Charms and Yellow Double Sponge Charms will not cause mice to drop Yellow Dewdrops after 10 have been collected, so the charm should be disarmed at that point.
- I've filled up on Red Dewdrops. Time to switch to Yellow Sponge Charms or pour them out and start attracting Dehydrated Mice!
After looting 10 Yellow Dewdrops, the following message is displayed in the journal:
- I've filled up on Yellow Dewdrops. Time to switch to Red Sponge Charms or pour them out and start attracting Dehydrated Mice!
When 'Pouring' with both buckets filled, the following message is displayed:
- I combined Red and Yellow Dewdrops, creating an orange mixture that grants me extra power and luck! Spreading it out on the ground will start attracting some very thirsty mice for the next X hunts!
I should unequip my Sponge Charms and save them for later.
After the hunts expire, the following message is displayed:
- With the ground now dry, the Dehydrated mice have retreated.
Obtaining Sponge Charms
The Red Sponge Charm can be purchased in the Twisted Garden Charm Shoppe in exchange for 400 gold and 1 Ber Essence.
The Yellow Sponge Charm can be purchased in the Twisted Garden Charm Shoppe in exchange for 400 gold and 1 Ber Essence.
The Red Double Sponge Charm can be crafted with the proper ingredients:
|Formula: Red Double Sponge Charm|
|Red Double Dewdrop Powder||1||5,000|
The Yellow Double Sponge Charm can be crafted with the proper ingredients:
|Formula: Yellow Double Sponge Charm|
|Yellow Double Dewdrop Powder||1||5,000|
Twisted Garden Mice
Hunters wishing to capture Shattered Carmine must arm Lunaria Camembert and a Shattering Charm to attract it.
It is not necessary to have an active pour from the Red and Yellow Dewdrop Minigame to attract Shattered Carmine, but the Power and Luck bonuses will improve the Hunter's chances of catching this mouse.
Cheese Preferences and Loot
Duskshade Camembert will attract almost all mice found in the Twisted Garden.
Lunaria Camembert is required to attract Twisted Carmine and Shattered Carmine. Shattered Carmine also requires arming a Shattering Charm.
Hunting with any other cheese than Duskshade Camembert or Lunaria Camembert will cause the Hunter to be moved to the Living Garden.
Requires Dewdrop Pour
|Fungal Spore||15,250||2,650||X||X||X||Ber Essence|
|Shattered Carmine||225,000||19,500||X||Ancient Relic|
Living Garden Theme Scrap 1
|Twisted Carmine||85,250||6,525||X||Living Chest|
|Twisted Hotcakes||15,400||3,250||X||Cynd Essence|
|Twisted Lilly||9,500||1,650||X||Ber Essence|
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the Twisted Garden on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Twisted Garden when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot. Catching this mouse in Twisted Garden will move the Hunter back to the Living Garden.
Hunters must hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden to catch Carmine the Apothecary. Doing so will move Hunters to the Twisted Garden.
Hunting with any cheese other than Duskshade Camembert or Lunaria Camembert in the Twisted Garden will cause Hunters to be moved to the Living Garden.
This area is visited twice during the Living Garden Sequence.
Initially, Hunters should arm Duskshade Camembert to collect Graveblossom Petals from the mice found in the Twisted Garden. Hunters can then use Graveblossom Petals to purchase Graveblossom Camembert.
Graveblossom Camembert is used in the Cursed City to collect Plumepearl Herbs and in the Sand Crypts to collect Lunaria Petals. Plumepearl Herbs and Lunaria Petals are used to purchase Lunaria Camembert.
Capturing Shattered Carmine
Arming a Shattering Charm with Lunaria Camembert allows Hunters to attract Shattered Carmine. A Dewdrop Pour is not necessary to attract Shattered Carmine, but the added Power and Luck will help in her capture.
Shattering Charms can be crafted with the proper ingredients.
|Formula: Shattering Charm|
- Aurora Base - Limited Edition - has a chance to generate a random essence (from Aleth to Icuri)
- Hothouse Base - Limited Edition - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Living Base - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Red Sponge Charm - Mice drop 1 Red Dewdrop per catch, up to a maximum of 10 Red Dewdrops.
- Red Double Sponge Charm - Mice drop 2 Red Dewdrops per catch, up to a maximum of 10 Red Dewdrops.
- Yellow Sponge Charm - Mice drop 1 Yellow Dewdrop per catch, up to a maximum of 10 Yellow Dewdrops.
- Yellow Double Sponge Charm - Mice drop 2 Yellow Dewdrops per catch, up to a maximum of 10 Yellow Dewdrops.
- Shattering Charm armed with Lunaria Camembert - Allows the attraction of Shattered Carmine.
- M400 Bait Research Assignment - This assignment may require Hunters to track down specific items from Twisted Garden mice in order to complete it.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require collecting 1 Piece of M400 Intel from mice in the Twisted Garden and/or capture the M400.
Hunting tips by Larry
Good gracious! All the tiny, adorable, armour-laden mice from the Living Garden have become fused, twisted versions of themselves! I... I don't even know what to say!
I suppose I'll say this, hunter: Be careful! While it looks like they have more Garden Essence than ever before, they're definitely more powerful as well!
It looks like the mice here still hoard moisture just as jealously as before, but the water drops are curiously coloured! Buy Red and Yellow Sponge charms to procure Red and Yellow Dewdrops, then splash them on the ground to attract mice with even more Garden Essences. But pay attention to the drops you collect. The red ones seem to increase your power, while the yellow ones increase your luck. Perhaps collecting both of them will accomplish both of these? Only one way to find out...
Make sure you use your Duskshade Camembert here, hunter. The mice don't seem to enjoy any other cheese. Although perhaps you'll discover yet another cheese later on to help you attract very, very powerful and special mice!
These are the shops found in the Twisted Garden.
|Living Garden Scroll Case||6 Ancient Relic||N/A||N/A|
5 Dol Essence
|Red Sponge Charm||400
1 Ber Essence
|Yellow Sponge Charm||400
1 Ber Essence
1 Dewthief Petal
|Dewthief Camembert 4-Pack||3,000
3 Dewthief Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Duskshade Petal
1 Dreamfluff Herbs
|Duskshade Camembert 4-Pack||4,400
3 Duskshade Petal
3 Dreamfluff Herbs
1 Magic Essence
1 Graveblossom Petal
|Graveblossom Camembert 4-Pack||6,000
3 Graveblossom Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Lunaria Petal
1 Plumepearl Herbs
|Lunaria Camembert 4-Pack||7,100
3 Lunaria Petal
3 Plumepearl Herbs
1 Magic Essence
|Rift Base Blueprints||7,500,000||7,500,000|
History and Trivia
- 14 November 2012: The Twisted Garden opened.
- 14 January 2013: The Shattered Carmine mouse was added to the Twisted Garden.