|Number of Mice:||18|
|Release Date:||30 June 2010|
|This windmill, and the farm beside it, used to belong to one of Gnawnia's most prosperous farmers before the mice took it over. Windmill mice enjoy the simple life down on the farm, but don't be fooled by their relaxed attitude-- they're laid-back about everything but cheese.|
The Windmill is a location in the Gnawnia region requiring a minimum rank of Apprentice to enter.
Mice in the Windmill cannot steal gold, points, or extra cheese.
Hunters accessing the Windmill for the first time will only have access to Physical weapons, but the mice here have a weakness to all Power Types.
Repairing the Windmill
When Hunters first enter the Windmill it is not operating properly. The Heads-Up Display (HUD) shows a speed gauge which initially reads 0 RPM. As Hunters catch mice, the power of the Windmill increases. Mice will drop Packets of Flour which can be used to purchase Grilled Cheese in the Windmill Cheese Shoppe. Arming Grilled Cheese allows Hunters to attract and catch the Captain Croissant Mouse, which boosts the Windmill to its top speed of 30 RPM. Once the top speed is reached, the Windmill is fully repaired and will not lose speed over time.
The HUD shows the following items:
- The current speed of the Windmill and the status of the repair effort.
- When repairs are complete, the HUD shows this message:
- The Windmill has been repaired and will remain at top speed!
- The number of Packets of Flour in a Hunter's inventory.
- A button for buying Grilled Cheese.
- Packet of Flour
- Hunt mice to loot this item, then trade it in batches of 12 to buy Grilled Cheese.
- The number of Grilled Cheese in a Hunter's inventory.
- A button for arming Grilled Cheese.
- Grilled Cheese
- Arm this gooey delight to lure out the elusive Captain Croissant Mouse!
- A portrait of Captain Croissant that, once caught, will show a green checkmark.
Cheese Preference and Loot
Brie is required for attracting the Speedy mouse.
White Cheddar Cheese works similarly to Cheddar Cheese with the exception of Brown, Grey and White mice.
SUPER|brie+ is required for attracting the Farmhand, Silvertail and Tiny mice.
Grilled Cheese is required for attracting the Captain Croissant Mouse and will attract only it.
The Brie column includes Brie Cheese and Empowered Brie Cheese.
The SUPER|brie+ column includes SUPER|brie+ and Empowered SUPER|brie+.
|Mouse||Points||Gold||Cheddar||Marble||Brie||SUPER|brie+||White Cheddar||Grilled||All Other Standard Bait||Loot (Note)|
|Captain Croissant||1,000||2,000||X||Ancient Relic|
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the Windmill on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Windmill when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
Mice in the Windmill are attracted to all Standard Cheeses, except Captain Croissant which is only attracted to Grilled Cheese.
A 5-Pack of Grilled Cheese can be purchased in the Windmill Cheese Shoppe in exchange for 60 Packets of Flour.
Mice in the Windmill have a weakness to all Power Types.
Hunters who reach the Rank of Initiate will be able to travel to the Harbour.
Hunting Tips by Larry
Congratulations, MouseHunter! You've reached the Windmill, a rustic locale where Apprentice MouseHunters go to prove their worth. A group of rowdy country mice overran this farm a while back, and ever since, they've been throwing a hoedown with the farmer's crops!
Recently, a gigantic bread-like mouse has taken up residence inside of the Windmill. This has caused production problems that only a MouseHunter can solve!
• Catch mice in the Windmill
• Every catch helps the Windmill operate more efficiently
• The more you catch, the more the Windmill can produce!
• Collect Packets of Flour and create Grilled Cheese
• Capture the Captain Croissant Mouse!
Once you have captured Captain Croissant the Windmill will be restored to its fully operational status, making loot drops of flour much easier to find!
So set your trap, MouseHunter, and discover all the wacky and wonderful mouse breeds at the Windmill! Fight hard, and trap often, and you'll be an Initiate in no time!
These are the shops that can be found in the Windmill:
|5-Pack of Grilled Cheese||60
Packets of Flour
History and Trivia
- 30 June 2010: The Windmill location was introduced as part of the overhauled early stages of the game.
- 2 September 2014: The HUD, Captain Croissant Mouse, Packets of Flour, and Grilled Cheese are introduced.
- 29 July 2015: The Adventure Book is introduced along with the Repair the Windmill adventure.
- 29 July 2015: The cost of Grilled Cheese is raised from 10 to 12 Packets of Flour. The cap on flour of 15 packets is removed, allowing Hunters to accumulate an unlimited amount.
- 5 October 2021: With the Town of Gnawnia-Windmill updates, Grilled Cheese is now brought in a 5 piece pack.
Links and Images