- 1 Overview
- 2 Mist Mechanic
- 3 Heads-Up Display
- 4 Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Location-Specific Effects
- 7 Shops
- 8 History and Trivia
- 9 Links and Images
|Region: Rift Plane|
|Travel Requirement:||Rift Detector|
|Recommended Power Type:||Rift|
|Required Cheeses:||String Cheeses|
Undead String Emmental
|Number of Mice:||38|
|Release Date:||9 September 2014|
|Just when you thought you understood and could deal with the horrors of the Gnawnian Rift, a new rift opens up! Tendrils of mist curl along the ground, and the terrifying cries of powerful mice echo all around. Do you have what it takes to take it on?|
Burroughs Rift is a hunting location in Rift Plane region.
In Burroughs Rift, a Mist Mechanic is in effect. The mist level is between 0 - 20.
The Hunter can choose whether or not misting.
- When misting, a Mist Canister is consumed per hunt, and the mist level increase by 1 per hunt.
- When not misting, the mist level decrease by 1 per hunt.
The Mist level determines the attraction pool:
- The Hunter is in No Mist Zone if the mist level is at 0.
- The Hunter is in Yellow Zone if the mist level is at 1 - 5.
- The Hunter is in Green Zone if the mist level is at 6 - 18.
- The Hunter is in Red Zone if the mist level is at 19 - 20.
Certain changes in mist level and Mist Canister supply generate additional journal entries:
- Mist level increases from 0 to 1:
- I have opened my first Mist Canister and mice have begun to emerge from within the mist...
- Mist level increases from 17 to 18:
- Nearly there! There is almost enough mist in the air that the biggest and strongest mice will start appearing!
- I need to be sure I'm ready to face them and have the strongest trap setup possible!
- Mist level increases from 17 to 18 with String Cheese armed:
- Oh no! I've almost released enough mist to attract the biggest and strongest mice!
- I should turn off my mister before they do serious damage to my trap!
- Mist level decreases from 1 to 0:
- The last of the mist dissipated from the atmosphere.
- I should obtain more Mist Canisters and begin misting again.
- Mist Canister runs out:
- I ran out of Mist Canisters and stopped releasing mist.
- I should use String Cheese to hunt mice that drop Mist Canisters in order to replenish my supply.
The HUD is divided into 3 smaller parts:
The HUD tracks the Hunter's inventory of:
- Standard String Cheeses
- Terre Ricotta Cheese and Terre Ricotta Potion
- Polluted Parmesan Cheese and Polluted Parmesan Potion
The Hunter can arm those cheese and brew those potion from the HUD.
The HUD displays:
- The Hunter's inventory of Mist Canister
- A button to mist/unmist with a tooltip on what to expect when clicking the button:
- When not misting:
- Click to start releasing mist!
- While misting, you'll release one Mist Canister into the air per hunt. Try to keep your Mist Meter in the green zone to attract mice worth the most points, gold, and loot!
- When misting:
- Click to stop releasing mist!
- While not misting, one mist will dissipate per hunt. Try to keep your Mist Meter in the green zone to attract mice worth the most points, gold, and loot!
- Mice in No Mist Zone can drop Mist Canister.
- In Yellow Zone and Green Zone:
- Mice in Red Zone can drop Rift Circuitry.
Hunting Tips by Larry
I swear, it's not cold, but I did get a chill just now! This place is spooky!
First up, you'll want to arm some string cheese and collect Mist Canisters from local mice. Then, start opening them up to attract spookier, stronger mice. Pay close attention to your mist meter while you're hunting. Not enough mist and you won't attract any mice worth catching. Too much mist and you'll attract big bruisers that are too much to handle for now!
Hunt in the mist for a while and you'll start collecting Terre Ricotta potions. The cheese you create from these will allow you to hunt new and scarier mice. These new mice will occasionally drop Polluted Parmesan potions, which allow you to create the rarest and most dangerous cheese in this rift!
When using Polluted Parmesan, you'll want to hunt only in the deepest areas of the mist, and try to catch The Menace Of The Rift. He has a fantastic treasure - a Null Gauntlet - which allows you to equip Rift Vacuum Charms. These charms siphon tiny amounts of energy from rift mice and condense it into Calcified Rift Mist - the main ingredient in creating rift charms!
Finally, once you've collected your Null Gauntlet and created some powerful charms, it's time to go back into the depths of the mist. The mice there drop Rift Circuitry, which you can use to craft two new powerful Rift Power traps and turn the tables on the rift mice!
It's a long list and a tall order, hunter, and the mice here are more powerful than most, but I know you can do it, so have at it!
The Hunter can complete the Defeat the Menace of the Rift adventure in Burroughs Rift.
- Mist Meter Regulator Base - consumes 2 Mist Canister per hunt to keep the Mist Meter locked when in Green Zone
- Rift Vacuum Charm - adds Calcified Rift Mist to mouse loot pool
- Rift Super Vacuum Charm - adds Calcified Rift Mist to mouse loot pool and generates an additional Calcified Rift Mist when one is dropped as loot
These are the shops found in Burroughs Rift.
|Marble String Cheese||300 gold||None||300 gold|
|Swiss String Cheese||800 gold||None||800 gold|
|Brie String Cheese||1,600 gold||None||1,600 gold|
|Focused Crystal Laser||Rift||1,500,000 gold
1 Crystal Tower
50 Rift Circuitry
|1 Null Gauntlet||N/A|
|Multi-Crystal Laser||Rift||1,500,000 gold
1 Crystal Tower
50 Rift Circuitry
|1 Null Gauntlet||N/A|
|Charmbit||25 gold||None||20 gold|
|Rift Vacuum Charm||1,000 gold||1 Null Gauntlet||N/A|
|Erupting Rift Core||2,000 gold||1 Null Gauntlet||N/A|
|Lucky Power Charm||900 gold||None||270 gold|
|Super Power Charm||500 gold||None||150 gold|
|Super Luck Charm||750 gold||None||225 gold|
|Super Lucky Power Charm||2,500 gold||None||750 gold|
|Extreme Power Charm||1,500 gold||None||450 gold|
|Extreme Luck Charm||4,500 gold||None||1,350 gold|
|Ionized Salt||450 gold||None||150 gold|
|Rift Curd||830 gold||None||200 gold|
|Burroughs Rift Scroll Case||4 Ancient Relic||None||N/A|
History and Trivia
- 9 September 2014: The Burroughs Rift was released as a new hunting location in the Rift Plane region.
- 17 May 2017: Undead String Emmental and Tomb Exhumer Mouse were introduced during Zombie Invasion 2017 event.
Links and Images