Gnawnian Express Station
- 1 Overview
- 2 Heads-Up Display
- 3 Mice
- 4 Hunting Strategy
- 5 Train Names
- 6 Shops
- 7 History and Trivia
- 8 Links
|Gnawnian Express Station|
|Region: Varmint Valley|
|Travel Requirement:||Calm Clearing Map Piece|
|Required Power Type:||Law|
|Number of Mice:||31|
|Release Date:||26 September 2013|
|The railroad's come to town! Board the Gnawnian Express and get set for high adventure in the Old West! Guard the supplies and protect the train to ensure its safe arrival on its perilous journey across Gnawnia!|
The Gnawnian Express Station is a location in the Varmint Valley region requiring a minimum rank of Lord/Lady and the Whisker Woods Clearing Map Piece to enter. Mice are unable to steal a Hunter's supplies in the Gnawnian Express Station.
Law weapons are required to capture the mice found in this location.
In the Gnawnian Express Station, Hunters can board trains and defend them as they travel through 3 stages: Supply Depot, Raider River, and Daredevil Canyon. When not aboard a train, Hunters are in the Train Station.
Each stage of the train requires a different strategy and has weapons and charms that provide special effects. Mice in each section vary and provide specific loot drops required for obtaining the weapons that provide special effects in the Gnawnian Express Station. Each phase of the train has the same duration, equal to 1/3 of the total Trip Time.
Hunters can earn points by completing certain tasks during each phase of the train. Rewards given to Hunters are dependant upon the points earned by Hunters and their team and by the collective points earned by all teams aboard a train.
The Gnawnian Express Station requires more interaction from Hunters than many other locations. Each phase has specific weapons and charms necessary to take full advantage of the area, requiring Hunters to actively manage these items while aboard a train. Acquiring Royal Supply Crates, Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellent, and Fuel Nuggets as loot does not aid the team's score unless Hunters choose to submit them through the HUD.
Because trains use the same scheduling mechanic as Tournaments, Hunters must form (or join) a team (though they do not need to add any team members) to board trains. Hunters may not be in a Tournament at the same time they are aboard a train. This also means that Hunters are limited to scheduling no more than 3 trains or Tournaments at any time.
The HUD in the Gnawnian Express Station changes based on the Hunter's status aboard a train.
While in the Gnawnian Express Station but not aboard a train, Hunters can review available train departures and manage scheduled train rides.
|Gnawnian Express -- Train Departures
- Refresh: Allows Hunters to refresh the list of available trains.
- Departs In: Trains leave on a regular basis (hourly) and the schedule shows departures for the next 24 hours.
- Name: The name of the train that Hunters can board.
- Trip Time: The length of the trip. Trains generally run on 9 hour, 16 hour, and 36 hour trips. Longer trips are occasionally scheduled.
- Team Members: The number of members from the Hunter's Hunting Team that are signed up to board the train. Only 5 members from a Hunting Team may join each train.
- Passengers: The total number of Hunters signed up to board the train. Each train is limited to carrying 500 Hunters.
- Action: Hunters can board or leave a train and invite Hunting Team members and friends to board the same train.
||Members on Train
Team Motto (if applicable)
Team Description (if applicable)
||Join Team and Board Train|
- Team Name: The name of all open Teams currently signed up on this train. Closed teams are not listed.
- Members: Number of members on the Team. There is a maximum of 12 members possible on a Team (depending on whether the Team has expanded or not), although some Teams will have as few as 5 possible members. If the team is full, you will not have the option to join.
- Members on Train: The number of members from the Team that are signed up to board the train. Only 5 members from a Team may join each train.
- Action: If there are less than 5 members from the Team on the train and the Team also has an open slot available to join, you may click here to simultaneously join the team and board the train.
Aboard a Train
The HUD while aboard a train has two sections. The upper section shows information about the train and its progress and is visible regardless of the train stage or the Hunter's current location in the Kingdom. Information shown on the lower section varies based on the current stage of the train.
Upper HUD Section
- Now At: Current location of the train.
- Time Left: Time remaining for current stage.
- Progress: Progress toward the combined points goal for the train. A blue progress bar fills as teams earn points. Flags mark the 50%, 75%, 90% and 100% progress marks, which determine the rewards earned by Hunters.
- Train Points: Hovering over this section reveals the points earned by all Hunters for each stage, [X], and the total number of points required to reach Tycoon status, [Y]:
- Total points for [Train Name]:
- Supply Depot: [X]
- Raider River: [X]
- Daredevil Canyon: [X]
- Train goal: [Y]
Supply Depot HUD Section
"Catch mice carrying Royal Supply Crates and load them onto the train!"
"For even more supplies, equip Supply Schedule Charms and hunt for Warehouse Manager mice to a trigger a Supply Rush, releasing Supply Hoarder mice!"
This HUD section shows the following information:
- The Hunter's inventory of Supply Schedule Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD.
- The Hunter's inventory of Royal Supply Crates. Hunters can load Royal Supply Crates through the HUD, earning points toward the team and train goals.
- The amount of points the Hunter's Team has earned.
Raider River HUD Section
"Defeat the waves of raiders!"
"Earn Train Points for catch raiding mice and bonus points for defeating a wave! Raider waves are endless, so try to push back as many as you can!"
"Some mice drop Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellent, which helps scare mice away faster!"
This HUD section shows the following information:
- The Hunter's inventory of Roof Rack Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD. Use when Raider mice are attacking the roof of the train.
- The Hunter's inventory of Door Guard Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD. Use when Raider mice are attacking the doors of the train.
- The Hunter's inventory of Greasy Glob Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD. Use when Raider mice are attacking the wheels of the train.
- The section of the train being attacked (roof, door, or wheels) is highlighted. The section being attacked determines which charms Hunters should arm.
- The number of Raiders left in a wave. A wave is defeated by earning 10 points.
- The number of waves defeated. Each defeated wave earns the Hunter's team a bonus of 10 additional points.
- The Hunter's inventory of Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellent. Hunters can use their supply of Repellent from the HUD.
- The amount of points the Hunter's Team has earned.
Daredevil Canyon HUD Section
"Use Fuel Nuggets to speed up the train!"
"The bridge is out! The train will safely clear the gap, but better build up some speed to be certain!"
"Collect Fuel Nuggets and toss them into the train engine to build up speed. The more nuggets you toss in at once, the bigger the speed boost and points will be!"
"There is no speed limit! The only limit is your mind.
This HUD section shows the following information:
- The Hunter's inventory of Dusty Coal Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD. Required to attract the Coal Shoveller Mouse.
- The Hunter's inventory of Black Powder Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD. Required to attract the Black Powder Thief Mouse.
- The Hunter's inventory of Magmatic Crystal Charms. Theses charms can be armed/disarmed through the HUD. Required to attract the Magmatic Crystal Thief Mouse and Magmatic Golem Mouse.
- The number of Fuel Nuggets in the Hunter's inventor. The HUD allows Hunters to use their supply of Fuel Nuggets to stoke the engine.
- The current state of the train engine
- The total number of Fuel Points Hunters have earned through stoking the engine.
- The amount of points the Hunter's Team has earned.
Hunting Outside Gnawnian Express Station
While hunting in areas other than the Gnawnian Express Station, Hunters who have boarded a train will see the upper portion of the HUD and will be able to track the current stage and progress of the train.
Hunters are also presented with the following warning in the lower section of the HUD:
- You're away from the train!
- Come back as soon as you can to help support your fellow hunters!
All mice in thie Gnawnian Express Station are from the Wild Bunch and Train Robbers groups and are weak only to Law weapons.
Hunters must board a train in order to attract all the mice found in the Gnawnian Express Station.
The mice encountered here will change depending upon the stage of the train.
Certain mice require specific charms to be attracted.
Cheese and Charm Preferences and Loot
Standard Cheese and SUPER|brie+ will attract all mice in Gnawnian Express Station.
Automice are a guaranteed attraction on the Hunter's hourly trap checks while in the Raider River phase of the train..
Mice with Special Requirements
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Gnawnian Express Station when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
The Gnawnian Express Station with four distinct stages. Hunters must board a train in order to encounter most of the mice found in this location. While aboard the train, Hunters will travel through 3 stages, with each stage providing unique challenges. The fourth stage is the Train Station, where Hunters are located in the Gnawnian Express Station when not aboard a train.
Because the Gnawnian Express Station trains use the Tournament scheduling system to function, Hunters will need to join or create a Hunting Team if they wish to board a train. It is not required to have additional team members to join a train. Unlike Tournaments, hunting on a train in the Gnawnian Express Station does not use the tournament horn, so hunting occurs just as it would normally. This means that Hunters can take non-team members on hunts and may be taken on hunts be friends.
Trains run according to a schedule, and each train has its own name, duration and maximum capacity. A Hunting Team can have up to 5 members aboard a single train. There is a limit of 100 teams participating on a train, so it is possible for trains to reach the team cap of 100 without reaching the passenger cap of 500.
The community Points goal is determined at the rate of 2 points per hour per registered hunter (so a train holding 75 hunters for 24 hours has a target of 3600 points). Once the community goal is set, then each team goal is determined by the number of teams registered.
Example: If the community goal is 3600 and there are 50 teams registered, then each team is responsible for 72 points towards the community goal, regardless of how many Hunters from the team riding the train.
A train journey has three phases and each requires a unique hunting strategy, and has a different mix of mice. Each phase will take 1/3 of the total Trip Time.
Hunters are located here when not aboard a train. The HUD can be used to board a train. Hunters may schedule up to 3 train rides at a time, provided they do not overlap with each other and Hunters do not have any scheduled Tournaments. Hunters are limited to 3 scheduled trains and Tournaments combined, at any one time.
Once a train leaves the station, the first leg of its journey is through the Supply Depot.
When the Supply Depot stage begins, the following message will appear in the Hunter's Journal:
- The journey begins!
- The Train has embarked on its epic journey along the Gnawnian Express Railway! We must work together as MouseHunters to protect it until it reaches its destination!
- First stop is the Supply Depot to gather supplies for the train that are to be delivered to parts of Gnawnia!
- If I smuggled any items with me from the last train, I will be able to use them now!
While the train is located in the Supply Depot Hunters must catch mice carrying Royal Supply Crates which can be loaded onto the train to earn points. Each crate loaded is worth 1 Train Point.
Loading these crates onto the train will display the following message on the Hunter's Journal:
- I wish I had a forklift!
- I loaded X Royal Supply Crates onto the train, earning X Train Points!
Mice in the Supply Depot may also drop Iron Pellets as loot.
Equiping Supply Schedule Charms will attract the Warehouse Manager mice. Capturing a Warehouse Manager will trigger a Supply Rush that releases Supply Hoarder mice. Supply Hoarder mice drop larger quantities of Royal Supply Crates.
Once a Supply Rush begins, each Hunter on the team will be able to attract the Supply Hoarder Mouse for the next 5 hunts. The Supply Hoarder is not a guaranteed attraction or catch.
- Caught a big one!
- Hunter caught a Warehouse Manager Mouse! Supply Hoarder mice will be scrambling out in the open for 5 turns! Supply Hoarder mice carry up to twice as many supplies as the Warehouse Manager Mouse, so I should catch them while I can!
When the Supply Rush ends, the following message appears in the Hunter's Journal:
- Time's up!
- The Supply Hoarder mice have crawled back into hiding. My team and I should try to catch another Warehouse Manager Mouse to flush them out again!
Up to 10 Royal Supply Crates not loaded onto the train at the end of this stage can be smuggled onto the next train, as long as the hunter rides this train to completion; any crates beyond 10 that were not loaded will be lost.
When the Raider River stage begins, the following message will appear in the Hunter's Journal:
- The train picks up some speed and starts to chug along!
- Laden down with supplies, the Train is a tempting target for raiding mice! A wave of 10 Raiders are swarming the train, trying to smash their way inside! My team and I should equip the right charm to attract and capture these raiders!
- There is an endless number of waves and defeating a wave will earn my team and the train extra points. We should try to defeat as many waves as possible!
- The mice are also launching automated attacks during our hourly trap checks. Special robotic mice will always take the place of normal mice during trap checks, but they can also be encountered during normal hunts. They drop special mouse repellent that can aid us in depleting the raiding mice waves faster!
This line appears only if Hunters have unloaded Royal Supply Crates in their inventory:
- I was able to smuggle X Royal Supply Crates with me.
While the train is located in the Raider River Hunters must defeat waves of Raider mice. Each Raider mouse that is captured is worth 1 Train Point and the Dangerous Duo, when captured, is worth 2 Train Points. Automice drop Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellent which, when sounded, reduces the current wave of Raiders by 1 and contributes 1 Train Point to the Hunter's team points.
- The piercing blast of the Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellent scared away X Raiders, earning X Train Points!
Upon collecting 10 points to defeat a wave, the team will be awarded an extra 10 Train Points, and the following message will be displayed:
- My team broke through the wave!
- Our victory earned the train an additional 10 Train Points! But there's no time to celebrate, as another wave of 10 Raiders is already clambering onto the train!
Mice in the Raider River may also drop Copper Beads as loot.
Roof Rack Charms, Door Guard Charms, and Greasy Glob Charms increases the chance of attracting a Raider mouse and are required to attract the Dangerous Duo which are worth 2 Train Points instead of 1.
Raider mice attack only 1 part of the train at a time and the portion of the train being attacked changes every hour, on the hour. Hunters should arm the appropriate charm to combat the current attack.
- When the roof is under attack, arm Roof Rack Charms
- When the doors are under attack, arm Door Guard Charms
- When the wheels are under attack, arm Greasy Glob Charms
Actions worth more points than mice remaining in the current wave are not wasted (catching a Dangerous Duo or using multiple Repellent in one click); the next wave begins with the appropriate number of mice already defeated.
Up to 10 unused Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellents can be smuggled onto the next train, as long as the hunter rides this train to completion; any repellent beyond 10 that were not used will be lost.
When the Daredevil Canyon stage begins, the following message will appear in the Hunter's Journal:
- The train leaves the last of the raiders behind!
- But it looks like those bitter mice have smashed down the Daredevil Canyon bridge! The Train should clear the gap just fine, but let's build up as much speed as possible to guarantee our landing.
- The faster we go, the greater our reward!
This line appears only if Hunters have unused Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellents in their inventory:
- I was able to smuggle X Raider-B-Gone Mouse Repellent with me.
While the train is located in the Daredevil Canyon Hunters must collect Fuel Nuggets from mice and stoke the train's engine.
Stoking the engine should be done in batches of 20 Fuel Nuggets for maximum effect. Individual submissions do not stack.
Example: Submitting 2 batches of 10 Fuel Nuggets each will earn the Hunter 10 points for each batch, or 20 points in total. Submitting one batch of 20 Fuel Nuggets will earn Hunters 35 points.
Any Fuel Nuggets in excess of 20 will be saved and not consumed when the engine is stoked.
Example: If a Hunter has a batch of 23 Fuel Nuggets and stokes the engine, they gain 35 Train Points (the max allowed) and the 3 excess Fuel Nuggets are not used to stoke the engine, but to begin a new batch.
Each time the engine is stoked, a message is left in the journal:
- Thanks to my furnace stoking, I have increased the train speed by X gnawts per hour, earning X Train Points!
Mice in Daredevil Canyon may also drop Tin Scraps as loot.
Hunters must use charms if they wish to attract certain mice in Daredevil Canyon. The mice attracted to these charms will drop larger quantities of Fuel Nuggets as loot.
- Dusty Coal Charms attract the Coal Shoveller Mouse which drops Black Powder Charms.
- Black Powder Charms attract the Black Powder Thief Mouse which drops Magmatic Crystal Charms.
- Magmatic Crystal Charms attract the Magmatic Crystal Thief and Magmatic Golem mice.
Up to 10 Fuel Nuggets not used for stoking the engine can be smuggled onto the next train, as long as the hunter rides this train to completion; any nuggets beyond 10 that were not used will be lost.
Completing a Train Ride and Collecting Rewards
At the end of the train ride, the following message is left in the Hunter's Journal:
- The train launches through the air!
- Launching itself off the end of the tracks at X gnawts per hour the Train soared through the air majestically. At the peak of our jump, the hunters onboard the train released the payload of supplies, making it rain onto the kingdom below. The King's Royal Supply Gatherers will be out in force to collect them soon.
- During my brief weightlessness, I reflected upon what odds and hardships we fought against and am proud of my fellow hunters for successfully protecting and helping deliver the needed supplies!
- The train safely crash-landed in the cushioned train yard below. I have disembarked and should now claim my reward!
- A big cheer to the hunters of the Train!
This line appears only if Hunters have unused Fuel Nuggets in their inventory:
- I was able to smuggle X Fuel Nuggets with me.
Once Hunters claim their prize, this message is left in the Hunter's Journal:
- I helped the train [Train Name] safely reach its destination on the Gnawnian Express!
- My team reached the rank of X, scoring X Train Points toward the team goal of X.
- The train as a whole reached the rank of X, scoring X Train Points toward the train goal of X.
- In total, I claimed the following as a reward for protecting the train:
- X Iron Pellets,
- X Copper Beads,
- X Tin Scraps,
- X Train Badges,
- X Fool's Gold,
- X Gold,
- X Points.
The base awards are determined by what percentage of points the team achieved towards the team goal, as follows:
|Reward item||Duration||Goal achieved|
|Sleeper (1%)||Passenger (50%)||Engineer (75%)||Conductor (90%)||Tycoon (100%)|
|Iron Pellet||9 hours||1||2||2||2||3|
|Copper Bead||9 hours||1||2||2||2||3|
|Tin Scrap||9 hours||1||2||2||2||3|
|Train Badge||9 hours||1||4||5||5||7|
|Fool's Gold||9 hours||2||8||10||10||14|
Additionally, a community bonus of up to 30% is added to the Iron Pellet, Copper Bead, and Tin Scrap crafting item rewards, with the result being rounded up to the next whole number.
The maximum community bonus is 1 of each crafting item for a 9-hour train, 2 for a 16-hour train and 3 for a 36-hour train(possible via either team at Tycoon and community at Engineer or better, or by team at Engineer or better and community at Tycoon).
A team that scores 0 team points is designated Super Snoozer and will not get any reward (even the community bonus is 0). At least 1% of the team goal is required to reach Sleeper level.
- The Supply Schedule Charm allows the Hunter to attract the Warehouse Manager Mouse during the Supply Depot phase at the Gnawnian Express Station, as long as a Supply Rush is not already active.
- The Roof Rack Charm allows the Hunter to attract the Raider mice in the Raider River phase of the Gnawnian Express Station; it is required in order to be able to attract the Dangerous Duo when the roof is under attack.
- The Door Guard Charm allows the Hunter to attract the Raider mice in the Raider River phase of the Gnawnian Express Station; it is required in order to be able to attract the Dangerous Duo when the door is under attack.
- The Greasy Glob Charm allows the Hunter to attract the Raider mice in the Raider River phase of the Gnawnian Express Station; it is required in order to be able to attract the Dangerous Duo when the wheels are under attack.
- The Dusty Coal Charm allows the Hunter to attract Coal Shoveller mice in the Daredevil Canyon phase of the Gnawnian Express Station.
- The Black Powder Charm allows the Hunter to attract Black Powder Thief mice in the Daredevil Canyon phase of the Gnawnian Express Station.
- The Magmatic Crystal Charm allows the Hunter to attract Magmatic Crystal Thief and Magmatic Golem mice in the Daredevil Canyon phase of the Gnawnian Express Station.
- The Supply Grabber provides 1500 additional power in the Supply Depot phase at the Gnawnian Express Station.
- The Bandit Deflector provides 1500 additional power in the Raider River phase at the Gnawnian Express Station.
- The Engine Doubler provides 1500 additional power in the Daredevil Canyon phase at the Gnawnian Express Station.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require capturing the M400 in the Gnawnian Express Station.
Gnawnian Express Station mice are worth points during some Tournaments.
NOTE: Hunters may not board a train while participating in a tournament or participate in a tournament while aboard a train, since both activities use the Tournament game mechanic to function.
Hunting Tips by Larry
YEEHAW! All aboard the Gnawnian Express!
The construction of the first trans-Gnawnian railroad is complete! Hunters are coming from all around to board the Gnawnian Express and journey across the land!
The King has tasked MouseHunters with the duty of securing a train filled with supplies bound for different parts of Gnawnia, ensuring its safe arrival!
Our goal as a collective group of several hunting teams is to collect supplies in the Supply Depot, defend the train from raiding mice when passing through Raider River, and then make the jump across the downed bridge over Daredevil Canyon!
The trains will be challenging at first, but hunters are rewarded for their efforts, so the better you do, the more you receive! The main goal is to work together with other hunters and any aid we provide is welcomed!
It's one big effort and teams will work together with other teams aboard their train to complete the journey successfully, so just do your best and enjoy the ride!
Train names are chosen randomly, with the first word from this list:
and the second word from this list:
These are the shops that can be found in the Gnawnian Express Station:
|Door Guard Charm||1 Fool's Gold||N/A|
|Dusty Coal Charm||1 Fool's Gold||N/A|
|Greasy Glob Charm||1 Fool's Gold||N/A|
|Roof Rack Charm||1 Fool's Gold||N/A|
|Supply Schedule Charm||1 Fool's Gold||N/A|
300 Copper Beads
150 Iron Pellets
150 Tin Scraps
title to equip
200 Copper Beads
100 Iron Pellets
300 Tin Scraps
title to equip
200 Copper Beads
300 Iron Pellets
100 Tin Scraps
title to equip
History and Trivia
- 26 September 2013: Gnawnian Express Station was opened.
- 10 January 2018: Train times changed from 6,12 and 24 hours to 9,16 and 36 hours.