- 1 Overview
- 2 Living Garden HUD
- 3 Dewdrop Minigame
- 4 Living Garden Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Shops
- 7 History and Trivia
- 8 Links
Capturing Carmine the Apothecary in this location will transport Hunters to the Twisted Garden.
Hunting in the Twisted Garden with any cheese other than Duskshade Camembert or Lunaria Camembert will transport Hunters to this location.
|Region: Sandtail Desert|
|Travel Requirement:||Living Garden Key|
|Required Power Type:||Hydro|
|Required Cheeses:||Standard Cheese|
|Required Charm:||Sponge Charm|
|Number of Mice:||8|
|Release Date:||14 November 2012|
|The mice that live in this garden use the environment to their advantage, fashioning crude armour and weapons from plantlife in order to protect and hoard all the Garden Essences they can find.|
The Living Garden is a location in the Sandtail Desert region requiring a minimum rank of Baron/Baroness and the Living Garden Key to enter. The Living Garden Key is obtained from the Cartographer at the Muridae Market.
Standard Cheese will attract most mice in the Living Garden, but Duskshade Camembert is required for attracting Carmine the Apothecary. Hunters must use Sponge Charms (or Blue Double Sponge Charms) and play the Dewdrop Minigame to attract the Thirsty Mouse.
Accessing the Twisted World
The Twisted World locations of Twisted Garden, Cursed City, and Sand Crypts can only be accessed by capturing Carmine the Apothecary with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden. Capturing Carmine the Apothecary will move the Hunter to the Twisted Garden and the following message is displayed:
On catching Carmine the Apothecary, a light flashes and a spell she had prepared in advance erupts! Nightmarish tendrils of dark smoke burst from the ground around me, and before I knew it the world had changed before my very eyes into a wild and twisted version of itself.
I can feel this world itself attempting to reject me and send me back, but I must stay as long as I am able to find out what Carmine is doing in this hidden, dark place.
Almost as if an illusion suddenly shattered, the world around me snaps back to normal. Using X Cheese has brought me back to the normal world.
It is possible to catch a mouse from the Living Garden with Standard Cheese on the hunt that returns the Hunter to the Living Garden. However, any Sponge charm will be consumed without collecting a Dewdrop from that mouse.
If an M400 Hunting Research Assignment requires capturing the M400 in the Living Garden, Hunters can encounter it in the Twisted Garden, but will be dropped to normal reality for hunting with the wrong cheese.
The Living Garden Sequence
Hunters will need to hunt the areas in the Living Garden sub-region in a specific order. The following steps outline the basic requirements for accessing and hunting in each location. Additional information on minigames and other activities can be found on the individual location pages.
The steps of the cycle that can be completed in the Living Garden location are highlighted in bold.
- Step 1: Living Garden
- Step 1a: Hunt with Standard Cheese in the Living Garden to collect Dewthief Petals.
- Step 1b: Use Dewthief Petals to purchase Dewthief Camembert.
- Step 2a: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Lost City to collect Dreamfluff Herbs.
- Step 2b: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Sand Dunes to collect Duskshade Petals.
- Step 2c: Use Dreamfluff Herbs and Duskshade Petals to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
- Step 3: Living Garden
- Step 3a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden.
- Step 3b: Capture Carmine the Apothecary to open the Twisted World and travel to the Twisted Garden.
- Step 4: Twisted Garden
- Step 4a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Twisted Garden to collect Graveblossom Petals.
- Step 4b: Use Graveblossom Petals to purchase Graveblossom Camembert.
- Step 5a: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Cursed City to collect Plumepearl Herbs.
- Step 5b: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Sand Crypts to collect Lunaria Petals.
- Step 5c: Use Plumepearl Herbs and Lunaria Petals to purchase Lunaria Camembert.
- Step 6: Twisted Garden
Living Garden HUD
Hunters can access and track the following using the Heads-Up Display:
The Dewdrop Minigame allows Hunters in the Living Garden to use Sponge Charms or Blue Double Sponge Charms to gather Dewdrops. Pouring Dewdrops will provide Hunters with a number of hunts when it is possible to attract the Thirsty Mouse. The Thirsty Mouse is not a guaranteed attraction or catch.
Dewdrops should be collected in batches of 20 for maximum effect. Individual Dewdrop pours do not stack.
Example: Pouring 2 batches of 10 Dewdrops each will give the Hunter 10 hunts to attract the Thirsty Mouse for each batch, or 20 hunts in total. Pouring one batch of 20 Dewdrops will give Hunters 35 hunts to attract the Thirsty Mouse.
Sponge Charms and Blue Double Sponge Charms will not cause mice to drop Dewdrops after 20 have been collected, so the charm should be disarmed at that point.
After 20 Dewdrops, the Hunter's bucket is full, and the following message is displayed in the Hunter's Journal:
- I've filled up on Dewdrops. Time to pour them out and start attracting Thirsty Mice!
Upon 'pouring', the following message is displayed:
- I poured out my collected Dewdrops, and started attracting some thirsty mice for the next X hunts!
- I should unequip my Sponge Charms and save them for later.
After the hunts expire, the following message is displayed:
- With the ground now dry, the Thirsty mice have retreated.
Obtaining Sponge Charms
The Blue Double Sponge Charm can be crafted with the proper ingredients:
|Formula: Double Sponge Charm|
|Blue Double Dewdrop Powder||1||2,000|
Living Garden Mice
Carmine the Apothecary
Cheese Preferences and Loot
|Bark||11,250||1,950||X||Aleth Essence |
|Calalilly||15,250||2,050||X||Aleth Essence |
|Camoflower||11,000||1,250||X||X||Aleth Essence |
|Carmine the Apothecary
Capture moves Hunter to Twisted Garden
|Shroom||12,500||2,650||X||X||Aleth Essence |
|Strawberry Hotcakes||14,500||1,950||X||Ber Essence |
Requires Dewdrop Pour
|1,000||1,000||X||Ber Essence |
|Thistle||9,050||1,150||X||Aleth Essence |
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the Living Garden on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Living Garden when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
This area is visited twice during the Living Garden Sequence.
Initially, Hunters should arm Standard Cheese to collect Dewthief Petals from the mice found in the Living Garden. Hunters can then use Dewthief Petals to purchase Dewthief Camembert.
Dewthief Camembert is used in the Lost City to collect Dreamfluff Herbs and in the Sand Dunes to collect Duskshade Petals. Dreamfluff Herbs and Duskshade Petals are used to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
- Aurora Base - Limited Edition - has a chance to generate a random essence (from Aleth to Icuri)
- Hothouse Base - Limited Edition - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Living Base - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Sponge Charm - Mice drop 1 Dewdrop per catch, up to a maximum of 20 Dewdrops.
- Blue Double Sponge Charm - Mice drop 2 Dewdrops per catch, up to a maximum of 20 Dewdrops.
- M400 Bait Research Assignment - This assignment may require Hunters to track down specific items from Living Garden mice in order to complete it.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require collecting 1 Piece of M400 Intel from mice in the Living Garden and/or capture the M400.
Hunting tips by Larry
Hail, brave hunter!
You know, I spent so much time staring at this place, wondering what could be inside... Would it be exotic monsters, or crazed plants? But now that I'm here, all I really know is that something weird is going on!
If you watch carefully, you can observe tiny raids from other mouse tribes coming to the garden and stealing the Garden Essences that accumulate here. You can gather your own as well by trapping the mice that reside here, and then put them to use here in the Garden!
If you check the shop, you'll see that you can purchase Sponge Charms for Aleth Essences and use those to collect dewdrops. Collect enough dewdrops and you can cover the ground in moisture, attracting Thirsty Mice who drop even more and better Garden Essences!
While you're here, make sure to collect as many Dewthief Petals as you can - you'll need them to buy cheese to hunt with later on!
Perhaps much later, you'll find a cheese you can use to come back here and catch rare and powerful mice!
These are the shops found in the Living Garden.
|Living Garden Scroll Case||6 Ancient Relic||N/A||N/A|
5 Dol Essence
1 Aleth Essence
1 Dewthief Petal
|Dewthief Camembert 4-Pack||3,000
3 Dewthief Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Duskshade Petal
1 Dreamfluff Herbs
|Duskshade Camembert 4-Pack||4,400
3 Duskshade Petal
3 Dreamfluff Herbs
1 Magic Essence
1 Graveblossom Petal
|Graveblossom Camembert 4-Pack||6,000
3 Graveblossom Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Lunaria Petal
1 Plumepearl Herbs
|Lunaria Camembert 4-Pack||7,100
3 Lunaria Petal
3 Plumepearl Herbs
1 Magic Essence
|Rift Base Blueprints||7,500,000||7,500,000|
History and Trivia
- 2 June 2011: The Living Garden first appeared on the Travel page, but could not be visited.
- 14 November 2012: The Living Garden opened.