- 1 Overview
- 2 Library Assignments
- 3 Capturing Zurreal the Eternal
- 4 Crystal Library Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Shops
- 7 History and Trivia
- 8 Links
- "Library" redirects here. For more uses, see Library (disambiguation).
|Travel Requirement:||Crystal Library Card|
|Required Power Types:||Physical|
|Required Weapon:||Zurreal's Folly|
|Required Charm:||Scholar Charm|
|Number of Mice:||13|
|Release Date:||9 August 2011|
|A magical barrier originally protected this library from mouse invasion until recently. Bands of magic and mechanical mice have circumvented the library's security measures in an effort to destroy the research Zugzwang once worked so hard to document.|
The Crystal Library is a location in the Rodentia region requiring a minimum rank of Lord or Lady and a Crystal Library Card to enter. Mice in this location may steal points, gold, or multiple pieces of cheese if not captured.
The Crystal Library HUD displays the Hunter's current Library Points total and a button that reads Get Assignment when the Hunter is not working an assignment, and reads Researching! when the Hunter is working an assignment. Clicking this button shows the complete list of available Research and the requirements necessary to accept the assignment.
A Library Assignment is a set of research tasks that Hunters ranked Lord/Lady and above, and with access to the Crystal Library, can do to earn rewards and Library Points. Library Points are awarded for each completed assignment and are required to start more advanced assignments.
To start an assignment, Hunters must travel to the Crystal Library and click on the Get Assignment button on the HUD. Each assignment has specific requirements the Hunter must meet to be able to accept it. Hunters may only have one assignment open at a time. The Hunter's current assignment may be found on the Special tab, under Scrolls, Posters, Assignments. To discard an assignment (and, with a few exceptions, lose all progress made) Hunters can smash it using their Hunter's Hammer. Hunters will be rewarded with Nothing and must wait 1 hour before they can accept another assignment.
Tracking Library Assignment Progress
On the traditional user interface, the Hunter's current assignment shows as a Task window over the trap set-up image on the left side of the Camp page. The window shows the first uncompleted step of the assignment. Clicking on the window opens a pop-up display that shows the steps of the assignment and the Hunter's current progress.
On the FreshCoat user interface, the Hunter's current assignment can be accessed by selecting the Quests tab, which is found over the Hunter's Journal. Opening the Quests tab shows the steps of the assignment and the Hunter's current progress.
Capturing Zurreal the Eternal
Zurreal the Eternal can only be attracted and captured if Hunters have the Zurreal's Folly trap armed and a Scholar Charm equipped. No other trap set-up will allow the Hunter to capture Zurreal the Eternal.
Obtaining Zurreal's Folly
Hunters must obtain 900 Library Points before they will be able to accept the Zurreal Trap Research Assignment, which they must complete in order to obtain the items necessary for crafting Zurreal's Folly.
This envelope contains an assignment to research a trap capable of capturing Zurreal the Eternal. The Trap's concept is simple: Tempt Zurreal close by displaying a collection of rare knowledge then drain all magical and electrical energy from the area to disable his walking throne. Although the design is straight forward, gathering the rare and unique items required will prove itself to be a challenge! Good luck brave hunter, the safety of the Crystal Library relies on your success!
Requirement: 900 Library Points
Travel across the Kingdom in search of supplies to build a trap capable of disabling Zurreal the Eternal's walking throne long enough to capture him. Such a trap will need some very unique materials to draw all magical and electrical energy away from Zurreal while remaining powered itself.
Tasks: Complete all ten of the following tasks
- Collect 1 Desert Travel Almanac from Centaur Mice (in the Great Gnarled Tree or Lagoon)
- Collect 1 Encyclopedia Gnawnia from Master Burglar Mice in the Town of Gnawnia
- Collect 6 Luscious Lumbers in the Training Grounds (from Kung Fu, Monk, and Samurai mouse)
- Collect 1 Mesh Netting in S.S. Huntington IV (from Leviathan and Squeaken mouse)
- Collect 3 Ectoplasmic Essence from Ghost Mice in the Mousoleum
- Collect 3 Warp Nails from Realm Rippers (in the Forbidden Grove)
- Collect 3 Runestones from Stonework Warrior Mice (in the Jungle of Dread with Magical Havarti)
- Collect 1 Draconic Book from Whelpling Mice (in Dracano)
- Collect 1 Lich Jewel in the Balack's Cove (from Balack the Banished, Derr Lich, Elub Lich and Nerg Lich mouse)
- Craft 1 Zurreal's Folly
Note: This assignment's progress will not be reset if it is smashed by the Hunter's Hammer.
Once all the necessary items have been found, Zurreal's Folly can be crafted using the following formula:
|Formula: Zurreal's Folly|
|Desert Travel Almanac||1||N/A|
Obtaining a Scholar Charm
Scholar Charms can be obtained in two ways:
- Completing a Zurreal Trap Research Assignment
- Purchasing an Uncharged Scholar Charm in the Crystal Library Charm Shoppe and then converting it into a Scholar Charm by having it armed when catching a Chess Master in Zugzwang's Tower.
The Zurreal Trap Research Assignment requires 900 Library Points to begin, but Hunters can earn the necessary Library Points and create Scholar Charms by undertaking Advanced Zugzwang Research assignments. These assignments require 150 Library Points to accept, require capturing a Chess Master in Zugzwang's Tower, and reward 150 Library Points upon completion.
Crystal Library Mice
All mice in the Crystal Library are part of the Zurreal's Breed group, except the Crown Collector, which is part of the Indigenous Mice group.
All the mice found in this location are weak to Physical and Tactical weapons.
Standard Cheese will attract all mice found in the Crystal Library, except the Tome Sprite, which requires SUPER|brie+.
Hunters must complete the Zurreal Trap Research Assignment in order to craft Zurreal's Folly, which is the only weapon capable of capturing Zurreal the Eternal.
Hunter's must also obtain a Scholar Charm and arm it along with Zurreal's Folly in order to attract and capture Zurreal the Eternal.
|Tome Sprite||14,000||1,800||X||Magic Essence|
|Zurreal the Eternal
Requires Zurreal's Folly and Scholar Charm
Reaper's Perch Blueprints
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the Crystal Library on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Crystal Library when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
Mice in the Crystal Library are weak only to Physical or Tactical weapons. Standard Cheese will attract all mice in the Crystal Library, except the Tome Sprite Mouse, which is attracted only to SUPER|brie+.
Zurreal the Eternal can only be captured once Hunters have crafted Zurreal's Folly and obtained a Scholar Charm, which can be done by completing the Zurreal Trap Research Assignment.
The Zurreal Trap Research Assignment requires 900 Library Points to begin, but Hunters can earn the necessary Library Points and create Scholar Charms by undertaking Advanced Zugzwang Research assignments. These assignments require 150 Library Points to accept, require capturing a Chess Master in Zugzwang's Tower, and reward 150 Library Points upon completion. Hunters should remember to take Uncharged Scholar Charms with them when entering Zugzwang's Tower as they will not be able to leave that location without losing all of their Tower Amplifier charge.
The M400 mouse can only be encountered if Hunters complete the M400 Bait Research Assignment so that they can craft Fusion Fondue and then complete the steps of the M400 Hunting Research Assignment in order to encounter the M400.
- The Uncharged Scholar Charm must be charged by catching a Chess Master Mouse in Zugzwang's Tower. Doing so creates a Scholar Charm.
- The Scholar Charm must be armed with the Zurreal's Folly trap in order to attract and catch Zurreal the Eternal.
- The Zurreal's Folly trap is the only trap capable of catching Zurreal the Eternal and must be equipped along with a Scholar Charm in order to attract and capture Zurreal the Eternal.
- Catalog Library Assignment - This assignment requires capturing mice in the Crystal Library.
- Library Mice Assignment - This assignment requires capturing mice in the Crystal Library.
- Library Power Type Assignment - This assignment requires capturing mice in the Crystal Library.
- M400 Bait Research Assignment - This assignment may require Hunters to track down specific items from Crystal Library mice in order to complete it.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require capturing the M400 in the Crystal Library.
- Zurreal Trap Research Assignment - This assignment is required to obtain the materials necessary for crafting Zurreal's Folly, which is required for capturing Zurreal the Eternal.
Hunting tips by Larry
The Crystal Library is an ancient trove of knowledge passed down through generations of only the most honored and powerful wizards; it was last under the care of Zugzwang before he vanished.
In the absence of Zugzwang a powerful mouse known as Zurreal the Eternal has managed to infiltrate the library's defences where he has unleashed an army of mechanical and magical mice to destroy the knowledge the library holds.
Your task is to defend the library and conduct research to rebuild the knowledge that has been lost. To start your research, pick an envelope to receive an assignment. Each individual envelope may contain one of many similarly-themed assignments.
Completing assignments will earn you rewards related to where your assignment took you as well as Library Points to show you're ready to start more varied and challenging assignments!
Your research will no doubt take you far and wide and test your knowledge of hunting! With enough knowledge you may even be able to discover how to find the elusive Zurreal...
This is the only shop that can be found in the Crystal Library:
|Uncharged Scholar Charm||6,300||5,950|
History and Trivia
- 26 August 2011: During a weekend event, the Pocketwatch mouse dropped the Acrostic Research Assignment envelope as loot, which could then be opened to start the Acrostic Research Assignment.