- 1 Overview
- 2 Sand Dunes HUD
- 3 Grubling Stampede Minigame
- 4 Sand Dunes Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Shops
- 7 History and Trivia
- 8 Links
|Region: Sandtail Desert|
|Travel Requirement:||Living Garden Key|
|Required Power Type:||Shadow|
|Required Cheeses:||Dewthief Camembert|
|Required Charms:||Grubling Chow Charm|
|Number of Mice:||6|
|Release Date:||14 November 2012|
|Food in the desert is so scare that there is fierce competition between mice over it. Watch out for the vicious grublings in this area, who hoard food and Garden Essences like no other mouse!|
Accessing the Twisted World
The Twisted World locations of Twisted Garden, Cursed City, and Sand Crypts can only be accessed by capturing Carmine the Apothecary with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden. Capturing Carmine the Apothecary will move the Hunter to the Twisted Garden and the following message is displayed:
On catching Carmine the Apothecary, a light flashes and a spell she had prepared in advance erupts! Nightmarish tendrils of dark smoke burst from the ground around me, and before I knew it the world had changed before my very eyes into a wild and twisted version of itself.
I can feel this world itself attempting to reject me and send me back, but I must stay as long as I am able to find out what Carmine is doing in this hidden, dark place.
Almost as if an illusion suddenly shattered, the world around me snaps back to normal. Using X Cheese has brought me back to the normal world.
If an M400 Hunting Research Assignment requires capturing the M400 in the Sand Dunes, Hunters can encounter it in the Sand Crypts, but will be dropped to normal reality for hunting with the wrong cheese.
The Living Garden Sequence
Hunters will need to hunt the areas in the Living Garden sub-region in a specific order. The following steps outline the basic requirements for accessing and hunting in each location. Additional information on minigames and other activities can be found on the individual location pages.
The steps of the cycle that can be completed in the Sand Dunes location are highlighted in bold.
- Step 1: Living Garden
- Step 1a: Hunt with Standard Cheese in the Living Garden to collect Dewthief Petals.
- Step 1b: Use Dewthief Petals to purchase Dewthief Camembert.
- Step 2a: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Lost City to collect Dreamfluff Herbs.
- Step 2b: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Sand Dunes to collect Duskshade Petals.
- Step 2c: Use Dreamfluff Herbs and Duskshade Petals to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
- Step 3: Living Garden
- Step 3a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden.
- Step 3b: Capture Carmine the Apothecary to open the Twisted World and travel to the Twisted Garden.
- Step 4: Twisted Garden
- Step 4a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Twisted Garden to collect Graveblossom Petals.
- Step 4b: Use Graveblossom Petals to purchase Graveblossom Camembert.
- Step 5a: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Cursed City to collect Plumepearl Herbs.
- Step 5b: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Sand Crypts to collect Lunaria Petals.
- Step 5c: Use Plumepearl Herbs and Lunaria Petals to purchase Lunaria Camembert.
- Step 6: Twisted Garden
Sand Dunes HUD
Hunters can access and track the following using the Heads-Up Display:
Grubling Stampede Minigame
This minigame is activated randomly while hunting for mice, or immediately after a successful catch with a Grubling Bonanza Charm armed.
During a stampede, the HUD will highlight the Grubling Stampede Alert and the image will change from a barren desert to an image of stampeding Grublings.
The HUD also tracks the Hunter's inventory of Grubling Chow Charms, but the charms cannot be armed through the HUD.
Upon activation of a stampede, the following message is displayed in the Hunter's Journal:
- It's a stampede! Grubling Mice are running wild for 15 more hunts!
For the duration of the 15 hunts, if the Hunter has Grubling Chow Charms armed, there is a chance of attracting Grubling mice.
NOTE: If Grubling Chow Charms are not armed, Grubling mice cannot be attracted, and nothing changes during the minigame.
Grubling Chow Charms can be purchased in the Sand Dunes Charm Shoppe in exchange for 350 gold and 1 Aleth Essence.
WARNING: The Grubling Chow Charm will continue to be consumed even if a stampede is not active.
After the 15 hunts, the following message is displayed:
- Aw, the Grubling stampede is over. Next time, Grublings!
I guess Grubling Chow Charms won't be needed until the next stampede!
Sand Dunes Mice
The Grubling Mouse can only be encountered during a 'Grubling Stampede while Grubling Chow Charms are armed.
A Grubling Stampede can be triggered by capturing a Sand Dunes mouse with a Grubling Bonanza Charm armed.
Cheese Preferences and Loot
Requires Grubling Stampede and Grubling Chow Charm
|Grubling Herder||15,675||825||Aleth Essence|
|Sand Pilgrim||13,250||1,150||Aleth Essence|
|Spiky Devil||14,500||2,600||Ber Essence|
Mice with Special Requirements
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Sand Dunes when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
Hunters should arm Dewthief Camembert to collect Dreamfluff Herbs from the mice found in the Sand Dunes. Hunters can then use Dreamfluff Herbs (along with Duskshade Petals) to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
Hunters wishing to attract the Grubling Mouse must play the Grubling Stampede Minigame, which requires using Grubling Chow Charms. The Grubling Stampede Minigame can be triggered by capturing a mouse with a Grubling Bonanza Charm.
- Hothouse Base - Limited Edition - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Living Base - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Grubling Bonanza Charm - Catching a mouse with this charm will trigger a Grubling stampede for 15 hunts, if it is not already active.
- Grubling Chow Charm - Allows the Grubling Mouse to be attracted during a Grubbling stampede.
- M400 Bait Research Assignment - This assignment may require Hunters to track down specific items from Sand Dunes mice in order to complete it.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require collecting 1 Piece of M400 Intel from mice in the Sand Dunes and/or capture the M400.
Hunting tips by Larry
I hope you managed to build up a large collection of Dewthief Camembert, hunter. The mice in these dunes don't seem to like anything else! And be sure to arm your most powerful Shadow trap, as not only will delicious Dewthief attract the mice, but so will the promise of shade from the sun.
There's a lot of competition for food here in the empty desert, and the top competitor is the Grubling Mouse. They dash from food source to food source, gobbling up anything they can find when they get there.
You can take advantage of this by purchasing and using Grubling Chow Charms when there's a grubling warning in effect. Catching Grublings will help you immensely, since they tend to hoard Garden Essences in their attempts to find food.
Or is there perhaps a more sinister reason...?
These are the shops that can be found in the Sand Dunes:
|Grubling Chow Charm||350
1 Aleth Essence
1 Dewthief Petal
|Dewthief Camembert 4-Pack||3,000
3 Dewthief Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Duskshade Petal
1 Dreamfluff Herbs
|Duskshade Camembert 4-Pack||4,400
3 Duskshade Petal
3 Dreamfluff Herbs
1 Magic Essence
1 Graveblossom Petal
|Graveblossom Camembert 4-Pack||6,000
3 Graveblossom Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Lunaria Petal
1 Plumepearl Herbs
|Lunaria Camembert 4-Pack||7,100
3 Lunaria Petal
3 Plumepearl Herbs
1 Magic Essence
|Rift Base Blueprints||7,500,000||7,500,000|
History and Trivia