Great Winter Hunt 2021
- 1 Overview
- 2 HUD
- 3 Stations
- 4 Snow Golem
- 5 Snowball Showdown
- 6 Great Winter Hunt Mice
- 7 Hunting Strategy
- 8 Shoppes
- 9 History and Trivia
- 10 Links and Images
|Great Winter Hunt 2021|
|Number of Mice:||61|
|Opening Date:||7 December 2021|
|New Year's Content:||28 December 2021|
|Shutdown phase start:||5 January 2022|
|Closing Date||11 January 2022|
|Spiralling down from outer space, the Festive Comet has landed its regularly expected location. Join in on the festive, wintery fun during this year's peculiarly warm Great Winter Hunt!|
During the Great Winter Hunt 2021, Hunters must first collect Pecan Pecorino from event mice by arming Standard Cheese, other Great Winter Hunt Cheeses or SUPER|brie+. Arming Pecan Pecorino (or Glazed Pecan Pecorino Cheese) attracts mice that then drops Snow Golem parts.
Once Hunters have collected 4 Snow Golem Limbs, 1 Snow Golem Torso and 1 Snow Golem Head, Hunters will be able to make a Snow Golem and send it to collect supplies from locations throughout the Kingdom (limited to areas which they can access), with the optional choice to use a Magical Winter Hunt Holiday Hat for extra rewards. Rewards are given to Hunters when the Snow Golem returns after 25 hunts (which can be sped up with the use of Festive Jingle Bells).
The Snow Golem's rewards include a special item called Compressed Cinnamon, which can be used to collect M.I.L.K. and Cookies by stoking the Holiday Express train in the HUD. These M.I.L.K. and Cookies can be used to upgrade the Snow Golem to higher levels that will reward Hunters with a greater quantity and quality of rewards.
When the Holiday Express train reaches the 10th station, the Ol' King Coal will be the only mouse attractable. Catching it will earn the Hunter 1 Charcoal Yule Log. These logs are used for purchasing various festively themed logs that when equipped attract unique mice that drop themed Sugar Cookies. The Sugar Cookies serve as event currency in the shops for purchasing various event rewards.
The New Year celebrations began on 28 December 2021 and required Hunters to catch the Ol' King Coal mouse to loot the New Year's Yule Log. Equipping the New Year's Yule Log will attract New Year mice that drop Firework Sugar Cookies. Similarly to other themed Sugar Cookies, they are used as event currency for purchasing various New Year rewards in the shops.
Previous Great Winter Hunts can be found here.
The Heads-Up Display tracks the following items:
- On the left side, the inventory of these items is tracked:
- Throwable Snowballs - Can open the Snowball Showdown from the HUD
- Festive Jingle Bell - Hover over this will show the following message: Festive Summoning Bells instantly summon a Snow Golem home with a full load of loot! Click Return below the golem you want to summon.
- Let It Snow Charms - Can be armed/disarmed through the HUD
- Glazed Pecan Pecorino - Can be armed/disarmed through the HUD
- Pecan Pecorino - Can be armed/disarmed through the HUD
- On the right side:
- Decorate - Selecting this will let you arm/disarm the decorations.
- Inventory of Compressed Cinnamons
- Holiday Express Station (Current Progress)
- Stoke - Selecting this will consume Compressed Cinnamons from your inventory and move to the next station.
- An image of the Ol' King Coal will appear on the Current Station area and disable Stoke button when the Hunter is in the state to encounter that mouse. A speech bubble is displayed with one of the messages:
- Barely felt dat.
- Coal in ya stocking!
- Ell oh ell.
- New train who dis
- Nuh-uh, mate!
- Oh ho, oh no!
- Oy, what's dis?
- Soot for ya eyes!
- Thx for da cheese.
- Ullo ullo!
- Upon catching the Ol' King Coal, a speech bubble pop up with one of the messages:
- A stain on my rep...
- Barely felt dat.
- Mah coals...
- Oh nooo!
- Oi'll be back!
- Thx for da cheese.
- Across the bottom, the inventory of these items is tracked:
- Hover over any of the three items above will show the following message: Combine 1 head, 1 torso and 4 limbs to make a Snow Golem! Hunt with Pecan Pecorino to find more golem parts.
- Animated Snow - Hover over this will show the following message: Recycle extra parts or buy missing ones with Animated Snow.
- M.I.L.K. and Cookies - Hover over this will show the following message: Use M.I.L.K. and Cookies to upgrade your golems and increase the loot they bring back!
- Recycle Icon - Selecting this opens a pop-up which shows:
- You can smash Snow Golem parts into Animated Snow, and make new parts from Animated Snow!
- Across the top of the pop-up, the inventory of these items is tracked:
- The pop-up shows the check-list required to make a Snow Golem and the inventory for Animated Snow, Snow Golem Head, Snow Golem Torso and Snow Golem Limb, it also allows Hunters to craft and smash Snow Golem parts through the pop-up.
- Across the top, the level of each Snow Golem is being shown.
- Selecting this will open a pop-up which shows:
- The inventory of M.I.L.K. and Cookies
- The number of M.I.L.K. and Cookies needed to upgrade the Snow Golem to the next Level.
- The reward table for the respective Snow Golem, ranging from Level 1 to Level 10.
- A message that says: If you have the Lucky Golden Shield active, the Snow Golem will return with an extra item!
- Build - Selecting this opens a pop-up which shows the Level of the Snow Golem and the following message:
- Snow Golems love to explore! There's nothing that makes them happier than discovering new things, and bringing back gifts for all their friends. Snow Golems are very punctual, and will return in 25 hunts with as many gifts as they can carry. You can upgrade them at any time.
- The inventory of Magical Winter Hunt Holiday Hat
- The option to select any location that you have unlocked throughout the Kingdom.
- The option to Launch Snow Golem or Launch Snow Golem with a Magic Hat! to the pre-selected destination.
- After the shutdown phase began, the following line can also be seen:
- The magic of the Festive Comet is beginning to fade. Snow Golem parts are no longer available so make sure you use up what you have left!
The table below shows the Stations for the Holiday Express and its respective number of Compressed Cinnamons needed to fuel. Upon each successful station reached, M.I.L.K. and Cookies are rewarded and can be used to upgrade your Snow Golem.
|#||Station||Compressed Cinnamons Needed||M.I.L.K. and Cookies Rewarded||Image|
|2||Whisker Woods Station||2||2||Image|
|5||Tribal Isles Station||5||5||Image|
|6||Gnawnian Express Station||6||6||Image|
|7||Sandtail Desert Station||7||7||Image|
|8||Queso Canyon Station||8||8||Image|
|9||Hollow Heights Station||9||9||Image|
|10||Ol' King Coal's Factory||10||10||Image|
Snow Golem Levelling Table
|Snow Golem Level||M.I.L.K. and Cookies
Required to Upgrade
|Compressed Cinnamons||Snow Golem Rewards (see table below) (Note)||Bonus Items (Note 2)|
|2||1||2||2 Common||5 Snowball Charms|
|3||3||3||2 Common, 1 Valuable||-|
|4||5||4||2 Common, 2 Valuable||4 Throwable Snowballs|
|5||10||5||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 1 Exceptional||-|
|6||15||6||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 2 Exceptional||3 SUPER|brie+|
|7||25||7||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 3 Exceptional||-|
|8||40||8||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 4 Exceptional||2 Festive Ultimate Lucky Power Charms|
|9||65||9||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 5 Exceptional||-|
|10||100||10||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 6 Exceptional||1 Floating Reindeer Crate|
|11||150||11||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 7 Exceptional||-|
|12||210||12||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 8 Exceptional||-|
|13||285||13||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 9 Exceptional||-|
|14||375||14||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 10 Exceptional||-|
|15||500||15||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 11 Exceptional||-|
|16||768||16||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 12 Exceptional||-|
|17||867||17||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 13 Exceptional||-|
|18||972||18||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 14 Exceptional||-|
|19||1,083||19||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 15 Exceptional||-|
|20||1,200||20||2 Common, 2 Valuable, 16 Exceptional||-|
|21 and above||3×(Snow Golem Level²)||Same as Snow Golem Level||Each additonal Snow Golem Level adds 1 Exceptional||-|
Rewards from Snow Golem
Note: The table below does not include bonus rewards associated with various golem levels as well as the Lucky Golden Shield.
When Golems return with their Rewards, the hunter will receive 5 hours of the Winter Aura with each normal golem and 10 hours with a golem equipped with a Magical Winter Hunt Holiday Hat.
The Winter Aura rewards will stack with each other, but for Great Winter Hunt 2021 the Aura will not extend past March 20, 2022.
See here for this year's contents
Great Winter Hunt Mice
These are the Event mice that may be encountered during the annual Great Winter Hunt.
- Winter Charm is required to attract the Snowflake Mouse.
- Let It Snow Charm is required to attract the Snow Golem Architect Mouse.
- All previous GWH charms simply give stat bonuses and do not alter the mouse pool:
Cheese Preference and Loot
- Standard Cheese, other Great Winter Hunt Cheeses and SUPER|brie+ will attract mice that drop Pecan Pecorino Cheese.
- Either other Great Winter Hunt Cheeses or SUPER|brie+ is required to attract the Mouse of Winter Future, Mouse of Winter Past and Mouse of Winter Present mice.
- SUPER|brie+ is required to attract the Scrooge mice.
- Glazed Pecan Pecorino Cheese will attract all mice that drop Snow Golem parts.
- Pecan Pecorino Cheese will attract all mice that drop Snow Golem parts except Joy and Glazy.
- Either Glazed Pecan Pecorino Cheese or Pecan Pecorino Cheese is required to attract any mouse that are attracted to any of the Log decorations.
Note: It is assumed that the Hunter is arming either Glazed Pecan Pecorino Cheese or Pecan Pecorino Cheese when any of the Yule Log decorations are equipped.
Hunters can complete the Event Adventure Defeat Ol' King Coal.
Ol' King Coal and his goons are up in arms over the new environmentally-friendly fuel that the Holiday Express is using to deliver loads of gifts to all the good people of Gnawnia. Gather enough supplies, send out enough golems and collect enough Compressed Cinnamon to make your way to Ol' King Coal's Factory to lure him out and bring his environmentally evil empire to an end!
This adventure takes place in: Festive Comet
Gather Pecan Pecorino and Golem parts
- Collect Pecan Pecorino
- Collect Golem Limbs
- Collect Golem Head
- Collect Golem Torso
Send a Snow Golem on a looting mission
- Build a Snow Golem from 1 Head, 1 Torso, and 4 Limbs
- Collect a reward from a Snow Golem
Deliver gifts to all 10 Train Stations
Use Compressed Cinnamon obtained from Snow Golem rewards to get to each station!
- Deliver gifts to the Gnawnia Station
- Deliver gifts to the Whisker Woods Station
- Deliver gifts to the Burroughs Station
- Deliver gifts to the Furoma Station
- Deliver gifts to the Tribal Isles Station
- Deliver gifts to the Gnawnian Express Station
- Deliver gifts to the Sandtail Desert Station
- Deliver gifts to the Queso Canyon Station
- Deliver gifts to the Hollow Heights Station
- Stoke engine with cinnamon at Ol' King Coal's Factory to lure out Ol' King Coal!
Capture Ol' King Coal
- Catch Ol' King Coal!
- Location: Festive Comet
- Loot a Charcoal Yule Log from Ol' King Coal.
Use Yule Logs to collect cookies!
Spend sugar cookies for special rewards!
- Craft the Sporty Yule Log to decorate your camp
- Collect Toboggan Sugar Cookies by decorating with the Sporty Yule Log
- Craft the Toy Yule Log to decorate your camp
- Collect Nutcracker Sugar Cookies by decorating with the Toy Yule Log
- Craft the Ornamental Yule Log to decorate your camp
- Collect Ornament Sugar Cookies by decorating with the Ornamental Yule Log
- Craft the Snowy Yule Log to decorate your camp
- Collect Snowflake Sugar Cookies by decorating with the Snowy Yule Log
- 50,000 Gold
- 100,000 Points
- 100 King's Credit
- 25 Throwable Snowball
- 1 Snowball Showdown Dust
Larry's Hunting Tips
"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!" Larry sings as he greets you.
Happy holidays, hunter!
The magic of this year's Festive Comet has brought back that amorphously suspicious Animated Snow, which seems to morph and bind itself together with a mind of its own. The mice look to have a basic understanding of this living material and have begun to mold body parts out of it! There is a strong suspicion that if you combine a Head, Torso, and four Limbs together, it will become an Animated Snow Golem that can be used for the good of the Kingdom. These animated companions can gather supplies from any area in Gnawnia that you've already gained access to while you do battle at the Festive Comet!
This year the King has planned an ambitious gift drive to deliver presents throughout the Kingdom far and wide! How is the King planning on delivering thousands upon thousands of gifts? With the magic of the Festive Comet and the help of a massive freight train, of course! Let's just hope this festive locomotive provides a safer journey than the "High Flying" Gnawnian Express.
Introducing the Holiday Express! An extremely powerful steam engine with a magically endless supply of gifts ready to deliver to all of the good people of Gnawnia! This special train uses a newly-developed, clean-burning, and magically-infused fuel alternative: Compressed Cinnamon! All thanks to the power of the Festive Comet!
Unfortunately this new fuel has piqued the interest of the Mousian Coal Conglomerate's sole owner and proprietor known only as Ol' King Coal! He doesn't take too kindly to anyone, man or mouse, who attempts to cut into his coal business and this new ultra-clean, ultra-festive fuel alternative is threatening to do just that! So the greedy Ol' King Coal has sent out his goons to collect all the Compressed Cinnamon and stash it away so that Gnawnians will have no choice but to use his filthy, eco-unfriendly coal!
To stop him you'll need to send out your snow golems to librate the hidden caches of Compressed Cinnamon. Once liberated, you can use this miraculous fuel to stoke the engine of the Holiday Express and send it to each station to deliver all the gifts and save the holiday season! Each station will reward you with some M.I.L.K. and Cookies for your delivery efforts. Use these special treats to strengthen your snow golems and they'll return with even more loot when they return from their next trip!
At the end of the line, you'll find Ol' King Coal's private station located at his factory. If you stoke the engine there, the lovely scent of the Compressed Cinnamon should be enough to lure him out of his factory and give you a chance to capture him and save the holiday season!
Keep an eye out for the Snow Golem Architect Mouse! These mice are roaming the Festive Comet, collecting stockpiles of Snow Golem parts to work on their ever-evolving golem designs. Their intense focus makes them hard to lure into a trap. In order to draw them out, you'll need to use Let It Snow Charms to create a tempting flurry of magical snow that lures them towards your trap. The Snow Golem Architect Mouse always drops two Snow Golem Limbs and has an added chance of dropping a Snow Golem Head or Snow Golem Torso and sometimes even both! This means you can find up to four golem parts when capturing this mouse!
You will need to hunt at the Festive Comet with a nuttier flavour of cheese called Pecan Pecorino. With this cheese armed, you will be able to collect various golem parts from the festive event mice that are attracted to it.
You can use any type of cheese to collect Pecan Pecorino, however, SUPER|brie+ and old festive event cheeses will attract mice that drop Pecan Pecorino more often.
Have too many of a specific type of golem part? Use the recycler on the heads-up display to smash golem parts into Animated Snow which you can then use to create the parts you need. You can also use Animated Snow to purchase Festive Jingle Bells that will instantly call your golem back with a full load of loot!
Have Winter Charms from previous years? They'll attract the Snowflake Mouse who drops both a piece of Pecan Pecorino as well as a Let It Snow Charm!
Each time you capture Ol' King Coal, you'll recover one of his gross Charcoal Yule Logs, *YUCK*! This log can be used to craft festive-themed Yule Logs which you can use to decorate your Camp. These festive logs will attract a unique variety of themed mice who drop Sugar Cookies that can be exchanged for special rewards in the shoppes! You can also exchange your Charcoal Yule Log at the various festive shoppes for a variety of holiday gear once all the decorations have been unlocked!
These are the shoppes found in the Festive Comet.
|Sealed Nice List||1 Ancient Relic||N/A||None|
|Sealed Naughty List||3 Ancient Relics||N/A||None|
|2022 Charm||1 Firework Sugar Cookie||N/A|
|Rift 2022 Charm||2 Firework Sugar Cookies||N/A|
|Snowball Charm||1 Animated Snow||N/A|
|Rift Snowball Charm||2 Animated Snow||N/A|
|Super Snowball Charm||3 Animated Snow||N/A|
|Festive Ultimate Power Charm||1 Advent Chocolate||N/A|
|Festive Ultimate Luck Charm||1 Advent Chocolate||N/A|
|Winter Charm||1,000 gold
2 Pecan Pecorino Cheese
|Snowball Mystery Pack
Contains bewteen 1 and 5 Snowball Charms
|1 Snowflake Sugar Cookie
1 Ornament Sugar Cookie
1 Nutcracker Sugar Cookie
1 Toboggan Sugar Cookie
History and Trivia
- When the Hunter travels to the Festive Comet via clicking the travel shortcut located in the Travel page, the following message can be seen:
- You have journeyed to the Festive Comet.
- Build golems, recover gifts, and save the Great Winter Hunt!
- When the Hunter catches the Ol' King Coal mouse, the following message is seen in the Hunter's Journal:
- I lured Ol' King Coal out of hiding with the Compressed Cinnamon set to ruin his coal monopoly!
- Unfortunately, while I was hunting Ol' King Coal, his greedy goons were out stealing more Compressed Cinnamon!
- I must recover even more Compressed Cinnamon to stop this dastardly mouse from polluting the festive season!