- 1 Overview
- 2 Gameplay Mechanics
- 3 Heads-Up Display
- 4 Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Location-Specific Effects
- 7 Shops
- 8 History and Trivia
- 9 Images and Links
|Travel Requirement:||Zugzwang's Scarf|
|Recommended Power Types:||Winter - Hydro|
Spring - Physical
Summer - Tactical
Fall - Shadow
|Number of Mice:||24|
|Release Date:||17 August 2010|
|Zugzwang's seasonal garden is the perfect destination for those who can't make up their mind about the weather. Every few days, the seasons shift, bringing with them a new crop of mice with different powers. Keep an eye out for the shards of an old key- they might provide the way into that mysterious locked tower.|
Mice available in this location is determined by Season, which changes every 80 hours.
The Hunter collects Key Shards here to craft Zugzwang's Tower Key to unlock Zugzwang's Tower location.
Amplifier gained from catching mice here can be used to effectively hunt in Zugzwang's Tower.
This location will be locked when there is an on-going progress in Zugzwang's Tower.
It can be unlocked again and the Hunter transferred to by either:
- Retreating from the tower
- Catching a Mystic King or Technic King with neither Checkmate Cheese nor Stalemate Charm armed
- Catching a Chess Master without Stalemate Charm
In Seasonal Garden, a Season mechanic is in effect:
- There are 4 seasons, each has its own mouse sub-group and the corresponding power type effectiveness.
- Each season lasts for 80 hours.
- In each season, there is a mouse that can drop a Key Shard to craft Zugzwang's Tower Key to unlock Zugzwang's Tower.
|Season||Primary weakness||Secondary weakness|
An Amplifier mechanic affects the gameplay in Seasonal Garden and Zugzwang's Tower.
- Catching mice in this location increases the amplifier.
- Failing to attract decreases the amplifier by 3%.
- The maximum amplifier is determined by the Hunter's rank:
In Seasonal Garden, the HUD shows:
- An image indicating current season
- The season and the types of mice you can catch in the garden change every few days, so be sure to check back often!
- The Amplifier bar showing the percentage
- Your Tower Amplifier boosts your trap's power inside Zugzwang's Tower. Catching a mouse in the Garden raises the Amplifier's charge, while failing to attract lowers it.
- Your amplifier will max out at [X]%.
All mice found in Seasonal Garden are part of the Seasonal Soldiers mouse group.
All mice found during Winter are part of Winter sub-group.
They can be attracted using any Standard Cheese.
|Winter Mage||18,065||9,400||5%||Ancient Relic|
Winter Key Shard
All mice found during Spring are part of Spring sub-group.
|Vinetail||13,172||6,580||5%||Spring Key Shard|
All mice found during Summer are part of Summer sub-group.
They can be attracted using any Standard Cheese.
Tactical power type is very effective against them.
All other types are ineffective.
|Summer Mage||16,560||7,520||5%||Ancient Relic|
Summer Key Shard
All mice found during Fall are part of Fall sub-group.
|Harvester||17,425||8,460||5%||Fall Key Shard|
Hunting Tips by Larry
Welcome to the Seasonal Garden, MouseHunter!
I hope you brought a change of clothes with you, because the seasons around here shift every few days, bringing new weather, and new mice to trap.
If you're looking for a good general strategy, a tactical trap will perform well in any season. Most seasons also have another, secret weakness for Hunters to discover on their own, so experiment with different trap setups, and see what works. Be sure to keep an eye out for shards of the key to Zugzwang's Tower, as well- there's one shard hidden in every season.
As you catch mice in the garden, your Tower Amplifier will increase. Failing to attract mice in the garden will cause your Tower Amplifier to decrease.
When your amplifier is charged, it gives a power bonus to your trap when hunting in Zugzwang's Tower. When hunting in the tower your Tower Amplifier's charge will decrease until it runs out or you leave the tower. Make sure to get a full charge before going in, because if you leave the tower, your amplifier will reset to zero.
The Hunter can complete steps of Capture the Mystic and Technic Kings adventure in Seasonal Garden.
- Chesla's Revenge - has a chance to increase Amplifier gained from catching mice
- Sandcastle Shard Trap - has a chance to fully charge Amplifier upon catching a Harvester Mouse
- Soul Harvester - has a bonus of 10 luck during Fall
- Terrifying Spider Trap - has a bonus of 10 luck during Fall
- Zugzwang's Ultimate Move - has a chance to instantly catch a mouse when the Amplifier charge is not 0%
- Seasonal Base - has a bonus of 18% power bonus
- Umbrella - has its image changes from closed to open during Spring
These are the shops found in Seasonal Garden.
|Swiss Cheese||100 gold||None||100 gold|
|Brie Cheese||200 gold||None||200 gold|
|Gouda Cheese||600 gold||None||600 gold|
|Bamboozler Base||75,000 Gold||None||13,500 Gold|
|Aqua Base||115,000 Gold||None||20,700 Gold|
|Spellbook Base||1,296,000 Gold
1 Master Bindings
3 Torn Technic Page
3 Torn Mystic Page
|Zugzwang's Last Move||Tactical||310,000 Gold||None||55,800 Gold|
|Zugzwang's First Move||Tactical||615,000 Gold
1 Zugzwang's Last Move
1 Magic Feather
|Mystic Pawn Pincher||Tactical||300,000 Gold||None||54,000 Gold|
|Technic Pawn Pincher||Tactical||300,000 Gold||None||54,000 Gold|
|Obvious Ambush Trap||Tactical||650,000 Gold
1 Droid Jetpack
|Blackstone Pass Trap||Tactical||650,000 Gold
1 Mystic Crystal
|Reaper's Perch||Shadow||2,767,750 Gold
1 Reaper's Perch Blueprints
6 Onyx Stone
|Zurreal's Folly||Tactical||1 Desert Travel Almanac
1 Encyclopedia Gnawnia
6 Luscious Lumber
1 Mesh Netting
3 Ectoplasmic Essence
3 Warp Nail
1 Draconic Book
1 Lich Jewel
|Charmbit||25 gold||None||20 gold|
|Power Charm||150 Gold||None||45 Gold|
|Luck Charm||300 Gold||None||90 Gold|
|Lucky Power Charm||900 gold||None||270 gold|
|Super Power Charm||500 gold||None||150 gold|
|Super Luck Charm||750 gold||None||225 gold|
|Super Lucky Power Charm||2,500 gold||None||750 gold|
|Curds and Whey||12 gold||None||3 gold|
|Ionized Salt||450 gold||None||150 gold|
|Zugzwang Scroll Case||4 Ancient Relic||None||N/A|
History and Trivia
- 17 August 2010: Seasonal Garden and Zugzwang's Tower were released as new hunting locations in Rodentia region.
Images and Links
- Spring Banner Image
- Summer Banner Image
- Fall Banner image
- Winter Banner Image
- MouseHunt Timers – MouseHunt Timers